Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Should the "mother-of-the-bride" really take the pictures?








It was and always is my goal to make the bride happy. Paramount it is her day and things should be just as she wants them. Add one easy-going daughter to the mix who chooses her dress, her temple, her groom, her colors and her date and then walks away from all other decisions to be made. That's evidently what mothers are for. Paybacks are always a bummer and somewhere in the back of my mind I can't wait until she will be mother-of-the-bride. I think that is one of the only things that can make aging fun, when you see your children having to step up to the same challenges that they created for you as parents. Another lesson learned, is when a couple are really in love, the photographer is just a prop to their time spent getting to know each other. While it is difficult to marry off a child, there does come a point, when every child although loved unconditionally, has so annoyed you that they must move out to avoid personal harm and injury at the mother's hand. I know it's shocking, but every mother-of-the-bride is chuckling because she knows just what I mean. ;D


1 comment:

Anita Preece said...

Love the pictures Lisa! Hope things are going well for you and the bride and groom! I can't wait to see the rest of the pictures!