Tuesday, January 24, 2012

What do you do with a drug induced compliment?

I've been slow to blog in January because I was getting my act together. I was trying to determine the theme for my year...kind of like a prom? Should it be my year of gratitude? How about the happiness project? And resolutions for me are just a set-up for disappointment, not that I don't have goals, they just don't always have positive outcomes.
So as my followers may remember, in my other life, I am a registered nurse. I'm the nurse you meet after your surgery as you are just waking up. I'm the person that assures you that you didn't die because I'm no angel. In any case today, my male patient opened his eyes and said," has anyone told you today that you are beautiful?" Actually no, you can be the first. (Seriously, I'm not making this stuff up). General anesthetic can skew your sense of reality. The patient then told me..."yeah, you look like a young Sigourney Weaver." Thus, the avatar picture. On a good day I can pull that off. I was looking for a picture from "Alien" but I didn't want to be confused for the slimy monster. So there you have it, I can rock it as a young Sigourney Weaver, with or without blue makeup. ;D

1 comment:

Georgia said...

General anaesthesia is tricky stuff, there is no doubt, but even without it you are earning those compliments. You are a beautiful lady, Lisa, inside and out! I'm so happy to know you and count you as a friend!

P.S. I also love your sense of humor; you always make me laugh. Your post title is splendidly funny!