Saturday, December 1, 2012

16 days does not equal a month

So I had a really good plan. I would blog everyday and share with you just what I was thankful for, because surely I could commit to 30 days right? WRONG. I really do have commitment issues. It's one of the many reasons I don't seek therapy. In order to seek therapy you have to (1) want to change. (2) be willing to follow a plan. (3) expect to see results. Truth be told I'm a closet crazy person, because I keep doing the same thing over and over and expect different results.
So as far as commitment goes, I'm happily married for nearly 30 years. I've worked for the same corporation for more than 24 years. I've had the same faith and belief in God since before I was 8. But I can't commit to (1) a fitness program. (2) a diet or food plan of any kind. (3) taking supplements on a regular basis.
I had a milestone birthday this year and I'm really proud of the fact that I am still currently drug free. I get no prescriptions refilled every month. It sounds like a big deal I know. The truth is, even if I needed meds I wouldn't consistantly take them. It's just not in my nature. I'm too busy pursuing the next bright and shiny thing.
Speaking of bright and shiny things. Check out these.
These are the two newest Christmas ornaments that will hang from my yet to be purchased tree. I'm quirky enough that those that know me just smile and shake their heads and need no further information about why I would choose these particular ornaments.
They have a story though. This year, my next is only 1/2 full. My 2 unmarried children will be home for Christmas. Kat and Chad will be in Alaska, thus the moose. Amber, Paul and the 4 cutest grandboys you have ever seen will be in Missouri, near St. Louis, the home of the cardinals. Thus the bright red bird. Makes perfect sense to me, how about you?

1 comment:

Georgia said...

It does indeed make perfect sense. The ornaments are beautiful and extremely fun. I'd like to have them on my tree!

As for being a closet crazy person, I don't believe it for a minute. You are the sanest, most rational and reasonable person I know!