Saturday, June 19, 2010

In Fairness to Peyton





So this is what a happy baby looks like. I shared Peyton's moment of angst earlier because it was just so precious and it felt so real. But this is Peyton when she doesn't have to hold a feather boa. Years ago I had the fortune to raise a teenager and a toddler in my home at the same time. I learned some very valuable lessons about children. Truthfully, a teenager and a toddler have pretty much the same motivations. (Not unlike, men and 14 year old boys, but that's a topic for another blog) Both a teen and a toddler...1) think the sun rises and sets with them. 2) They want what they want when they want it, and it's usually right now! and 3) Just about every crisis, even a broken heart can be cured with food, especially if that food includes sugar and caffeine. So now you can see why my children often remind me that I don't have a "mother badge", something about my lack of nurturing skills. But hey, 3 of the 4 have grown to adulthood and the 4th is a work in progress.

No comments: