As prompted by http://www.mamakatslosinit.com/ I will list the 10 things I wish I had known about blogging back when I started....1) Avoid gimmicks; I think I've used them all from slideshows, to the playlist (it's still here, but I think it's days are numbered.) They just slow down your blog and who wants to wait?
2) Don't pigeon hole yourself; When I started the blog I thought my life's ambition was to take really great pictures. It still is...but it's not my whole life, I also have a family and a profession and I love to write so all of those things encroach on my not so generalized blog name.
4) Change is inevitable; You will probably notice a number of changes if you check back very often. I'm adding a page about my adventure at sea. It only holds one post so I have to create a new post with just my favorite highlights from serving aboard the U.S.N.S. Comfort. And there is a new about me page, hmmm maybe you can make some suggestions...what do you want to know about me?
6) You will embarrass your children. It's a given. Just go with it. I've had lots of practice and I'm getting better at it everyday.
8) Be consistant; Say something everyday, or every tuesday or every month. If readers expect you to update your blog and you don't do that very often. They lose interest and they stop stalking you. Everyday blogging is of course the best, but it's hard to do. Especially if you have a family, a job, a cat, a dog, a photography business, some limited interest in exercising etc.
10) Relax! The more you can go with the flow, accept change and adjust, the more you will enjoy blogging. And the more others will enjoy following your blog. Whew! Enough said... and now stay tuned for more changes in the future.....