Friday, July 8, 2011

I live in this AMAZING place....

I feel really blessed to call Pleasant View my home. My home is nestled in at the foot of Ben Lomond, I have amazing views (thus the name) and even more amazing neighbors. I've captured some images from our recent 4th of July parade. We appreciate the simple, basic joys in our lives....
This parade was a combined effort with the cities of North Ogden, and Harrisville. Only here can you sit on the back of a 67 Bonneville convertible and wave just because you have a pretty smile. No tiara or sash required.

We all show up in our festive red, white and blue and wave. Even when we don't have any idea who we are waving at.

And sometimes when we do. The parade route is lined with children and adults, the children hopeful for the candy that is tossed and the adults because they are hopeful the children will share.

It may appear that we lack for other entertainment options. Being a small town and all. We make up for the small town part with our big hearts. We really enjoy it here. So if you yearn for simpler times, troll the neighborhoods you are bound to find someone to share a little front porch sittin' with.

It doesn't get anymore Americana than this.

2 comments:

Georgia said...

I'm so grateful for the opportunity of being a fellow Pleasant View-ite! It really is an amazing place to live. We have loved the past dozen years of calling PV home! Thanks for being one of those amazing neighbors!

jeannine said...

I love your blog. I love how you write... in fact you are an excellent writer. I may only check the blog every other week or so, but when I do I love what you have to say. Keep up the good work mustang sally.