Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy 4th of July.....

I'd like to take this opportunity to post some of my most patriotic photographs and thoughts. As you may or may not know I'm an Army brat, my father retired from active duty service when I was in High School. So I grew up the Army way, I traveled, made new friends, experianced a variety of things and then I moved again and again and again. In the process of joining my father overseas when I was in 4th grade I had the opportunity to attend 4 different schools, most of them english speaking. My father served in Viet Nam. I understand sacricfice and independence. I'm wise enough to never take either for granted.
Having recently served alongside the men and women of the armed forces aboard the USNS Comfort, I want to send them a special shout out on this independence day. While currently, they are not serving in any dangerous conflict areas they are all serving away from their families and their loved ones. I'm hoping they have an amazing day and get at least one pat on the back for serving their country.


And I want to take this last moment to recognize that freedom is NOT free. Many have given some and some have give ALL  for the freedoms that I now enjoy. THANK YOU!

No comments: