Sunday, November 18, 2012

Gratitude day 18

My daughter Kat, reminds me when I miss a day. I will try to do better. Today, a sunday, there is a little extra time to reflect.
 Today, I am grateful for my health. I've been on the earth long enough to develop any number of debilitating illnesses and chronic diseases but so far I've won the health lottery. Some of it is luck, I have been given decent genes and some of it is choice. I don't drink, smoke or take recreational drugs. I have an active lifestyle. I also have my addictions.
 I crave pepsi (full sugar, full caffeine) and peanut butter M&M's most of the time. I'm grateful that my addictions have not over powered my good health. But just the same, I'm willing to let them continue to fight it out. So with that said, I'm going to pour a can of pepsi and enjoy it with a chaser of peanut butter M&M's before I plan dinner.
 As far as vices go, at least it's tasty.

No comments: