Thursday, November 1, 2012

My gratitude Project...

As many of you know, I've had a rough year. But even in my darkest moments I've recognized the Lord's tender mercies as well as my many blessings. In an effort to say "Thank you", I'm challenging myself to return to blogging by focusing each day on one of my many blessings.
Here are my four biggest blessings. They have been my anchor and my rock this year. The little guy on the end is now in junior high but he still gives me hugs and tells me he loves me through out the day. He blessed my life by being constant. Everyday he is the same.
Next to him is my daughter in Alaska. Even though she is so far away she remains so available to me. Across the distance she lends a hand and offers a listening ear.
The girl in the middle sporting the belly button does such a good job as a mother, I wonder who was her example. She is my oldest and I often tell her, she was the trial child that we made all of the mistakes with.
She blessed us with these three amazing boys and one more last August. Having initially raised only girls, it's a little intimidating to be immersed in all things "Star Wars".
And on the end is the daughter that refers to herself as "the favorite daughter" and she means it. Little does she know, they are all my favorites. Being the youngest girl, she had more time to grow into responsibility, but she really stepped up to the plate and performed beautifully as we cared for my mother as she died. She took the roles that each of her sister normally play and did it all amazingly.
And here is the rest of the crew, some making a reappearance. I've been blessed with an amazing husband and each of our married daughters made equally good choices. So far, the son-in-laws are still vying to be my favorite. They can keep that up for 30 or 40 more years. So join my challenge and consider each day what you are grateful for.




No comments: