Friday, October 28, 2011

Procrastinating is stressful.

So I was reviewing the text of Dr. Seuss' "Oh, the places you'll go" today. Somewhere near the middle it talks about all the waiting a person will do. I had a moment where I realized that this is the demon in me. I have learned from past experiance that just getting to work, gets the work done. If I try to list it, prioritize it, schedule it, plan for it. I'm doing many things, but none of them gets the work done. Oh, how quickly today becomes the future and my tasks remain unfinished because I made a list instead. I'm remembering too all the things I continue to put off until... until I lose weight, until I start a new job, until the first snow fall, until it is spring again. Yes, I'm guilty I "wait" more than I act. So today, I forgo lists and plans and I live outloud. I color outside the box and I spill milk with abandon. Join me in doing, instead of waiting.

No comments: